As part of the Neff videography department, the video production assistant will help our lead videographer carry out all phases of the videography process. Ideal candidates will be detail-oriented, and deadline-driven, and comfortable being the point person managing independent projects. They will have solid technical and production skills and are equally comfortable shooting and editing. An ability to listen, communicate, have a sense of humor, and being able to pivot to do whatever needs doing to get the job done is essential.
This person will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Pitching video ideas and planning their execution (ranging from commercial to social content)
- Shooting in studio and on location
- Lighting shoots in studio and on location
- Experience with audio recording and basic audio engineering concepts
- Editing & color grading
- Creating text and basic motion graphics
- Minimum one to three (1-3) years of experience of video production in a professional environment (including internships)
- Experience with pre-production measures such as overseeing budgets, scheduling, scriptwriting, storyboarding, etc.
- Experience shooting, lighting, and audio recording in the studio and on location
- Experience editing videos for TV/Web and other mediums (commercial, short-doc, social, etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, & DaVinci Resolve
- Proficiency in Canon Cinema EOS gear (Canon C200/C300 mkii) and others
- A knowledge of “what works” across platforms — but also an inclination to push the boundaries and innovate
- Strong writing skills
- Bonus points if you have animation and graphic design experience
- Bonus points if you have photography experience
At Neff, our integrated services span branding, web design, web development, photography, videography, social media, public relations, advertising, and media buying. We have a social, open office environment and collaborate across departments to achieve well-rounded, creative results. Everybody brings a unique voice and pitches in ideas and concepts to help ensure a wide variety of creative options for the client.
Our dog-friendly office is in the heart of Old City, Philadelphia and easily accessible by car or public transportation. We have a keg on-hand for an occasional end-of-day beverage and we frequently get together to kick back and relax at company happy hours and outings. We also enjoy summer Friday hours and regular company sponsored lunches.
Joining Our Team:
We have a proven track record of success over the last 30 years and are continuing to grow. We are looking for a hard-working, creative individual to accelerate with us. This new member of our team will show a high level of knowledge in videography, will give and seek feedback every day, will share new ideas and thoughts, will be an active participant in a dynamic environment, will always be up for facing new challenges, will have a positive mindset, be humble, be committed, and will support our culture.
- Hourly rate based on experience
- 10% commission on new business that is brought in
- Strong company culture
- Dog-friendly office
- Company outings and happy hours
- Frequent company lunches
*Attach a Resume and include job description in the email subject