…and client Hutchinson Plumbing Heating Cooling is here to help you beat the heat and save energy!
They offer these top 7 tips that you can easily implement at home to cut costs and stay cool:
- Check your thermostat. Don’t set your thermostat at a cooler setting than normal when turning on your air conditioner. Your air conditioner will not cool any faster but it’ll cool your home to lower temperature than you need and will use substantially more energy.
- Check your system. As with your furnace, keep your cooling system well-tuned with regular maintenance provided by a licensed HVAC professional service organization. Your service representative will tell you how energy efficient your system is and how it may be increased.
- Replace filters. You should clean or replace the filter(s) in your forced-air cooling system each month. While foam filters can be rinsed with water (be sure they’re dry before replacing) fiberglass filters should be replaced with new ones.
- Draw the blinds. Keep the sun out during the day with vertical louvers or awnings on the outside of your windows. Keep your draperies, blinds and shades drawn during the day on the sunny side of your home.
- Don’t bake it. Microwaves and pressure cookers reducing cooking times and use less energy than the oven.
- Turn on the fan. Consider using a ceiling fan when your air conditioner is running. The air it moves will accelerate your body’s natural evaporation rate therefore making you feel cooler.
- Schedule an Audit. Schedule a FREE Energy Audit to identify where valuable energy is escaping from your home.
Have a great weekend!