The Agency Life
Working at an agency is a bit like being Sheldon Cooper: no one knows what you do, but they know it’s important and you’re good at it.
Okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you see what we mean. While you may view agencies as a third-party enigma, we are some of the most energetic, creative-minded, fun-loving, coffee-consuming, dog-petting, junk-food-eating people you will find. Our offices have no doors, we shudder at the mention of “business formal attire” and we’re not yelled at for being on Facebook and Twitter at work. Pretty great, right?
We wanted to share some of the quirky things that make us who we are. Follow this guide to find out if you’re living the agency life.
- Your social media feeds are primarily brands
- Adweek, Buzzfeed and Mashable are your main sources of news
- You forget that other offices have walls
- You retweet accounts because you want to help their engagement rates
- All your friends are foodies
- You “take to the social medias” with any company complaint (beware!)
- You give brands ‘softball’ tweets to retweet
- You freak out when there’s no candy
- You have very high standards for your personal social media presence
- You know all the hot hashtags that will get you followers and likes (#nofilter)
- You only speak in clichés and movie quotes
- You simultaneously love and hate your food clients
- The mention of happy hour makes your work-brain shut down for at least 10 minutes
- At least 1 person on your team is Instagram famous or a professional photographer on the side
So there you have it; a definitive list of what it can be like in the world of PR, marketing, advertising, branding, and development agencies. It’s a weird nine to five, but somebody’s got to do it. And trust me, we love doing it.